Thursday, July 24, 2008

MONSTROUS THANKS

Before moving on I certainly do not want to let some behind the scenes helpers go un-noticed for their ambitiously awesome help to a complete stranger... Granted this stranger (me) is/am a paddler and us paddlers, well we all use two blades, paddle sleek craft through the water- but you get my drift....

I want to personally thank Jeff Stasser (man I hope that is your last name) from Down Wind Sports (DWS another three letter acronym for the list- SWEET!!) in Marquette for setting me up with a new boat to continue this journey, throughout my melee over the weekend. Words and dollars can not repay the gratitude this guy dished out, my support and praise for his lifestyle and business with ring proud for many many many more moon to come. If you are in the area, stop on in check out their shop, cool stuff, great staff. - Muchas Gracias

In addition I want to thank Mr. Sam Crowley, (and Nancy Uschold) for taking us under their prospective paddling wing(s) and getting us set up with repair materials and a dank locale for some boat fixings. We did what we could with what we had, and our boats should be bouncing off rock, err I mean avoiding the impact of local and afar geology for the remainder of the journey. Again, your graciousness and willingness to help is greatly appreciated and we look forward to crossing paths in the future...

We'll leave it at that...
Health, happiness and laughter your way...

2 comments:

Alison said...

B and A--
As I was wondering upon downtown Marquette your (unsmiling) faces were staring right back at me from the newspaper vending machine. I picked up a few extra copies, so you don't have to worry about paddling soggy Mining Journals around the Lake. It was totally awesome spending some time with both of you. Thanks for the boat.
Besos,
Alison

Yakmeister said...

Dang, had to change boats eh? what happened? I can have your other one ready for you when you get back. all the best!

grant